Porphobilinogen ( PBG )
Urine Porphobilinogen (PBG) is useful for the evaluation of neurologic and/or psychiatric symptoms to exclude acute porphyrias such as acute intermittant porphyria (AIP), veriegate porphyria and hereditary coproporphyria.
After sample preparation the sample is measured on our UVIKON XS double beam UV/Vis spectrophotometer at 553nm. The results are normalised to creatinine concentration and reported as a ratio of amounts (micromoles of porphyrin / millimoles of creatinine).
- Up to 20 samples per batch measured either sequentially or using an automatic cell changer
- Sample number and or patient name can be entered
- 553nm absorbance and PBG calculation (umol/l) automatically performed
- Selectable PBG upper and lower concentration warning limits
- Sample dilution taken into consideration for calculation
- PBG / Creatinine ratio calculated (umol/mmol)